Recent

Author Topic: Vector Graphic library ?  (Read 12673 times)

LinPix

Vector Graphic library ?
« on: August 10, 2009, 04:34:44 pm »
Hello,

I'm a beginner in Free Pascal (however I've already made little programs so I'm not a total newbie ;) ) and I'd like to write a graphical application.

To do it I need to write, edit, save vector graphic. So I'm looking for a library (or a component) which support svg format and which allow me to manipulate, transform, etc... vector graphics.
I've found some graphic engine like Andorra, Graphic32, AggPas...  but don't know which one is the closest to my needs or if there is other libraries that I don't know ?

Marc

• Administrator
Re: Vector Graphic library ?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 11:53:26 pm »
At work I wrote a svgparser in combination with aggpas. Almost all functions I needed to render SVG i found in agg. Need to say that the svg parser which comes with agg is very limited.
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

LinPix

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 11:47:12 am »
All right, I'll have a look at it.
Thanks  :) .

LinPix

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 09:36:31 pm »
Sorry, but I have another question. Can we use Tagg2d API in lazarus ? Or is that only for Delphi ?
On their Website (http://aggpas.org/index.html), Tagg2d is in the "Delphi" menu and they don't say in the tutorial we can use it with Lazarus.

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 11:22:52 am »
From what I read the TAgg2D is a glue between a delphi bitmap and the agg lib itself.
I don't know how exactly the images are transfered to the bitmap. If it is done by get bitmapbits, then it won't work on lazarus.
Ayway if you use agg directly, you can use the lazarus rawimage data as pixelbuf (so let agg render to a rawimage and use that ramwimage in a bitmap)
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

LinPix

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 12:18:43 pm »
Ok, thank you.

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 03:17:28 am »
There is fpvectorial, the official vector graphics library from Free Pascal:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/fpvectorial

It still supports very few formats, but it is easily extensible, and we accept patches =)

LinPix

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 01:24:32 pm »
Thanks , I didn't know this one. But it seems to be a bit young (to do what I want) and I don't have the level to improve it  :( (maybe later when I'll be more experienced  ;) ).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018