Recent

Author Topic: Ubuntu repository for lazarus 1.0?!  (Read 20145 times)

xinyiman

• Lazarus and Free Pascal italian community
Ubuntu repository for lazarus 1.0?!
« on: September 14, 2012, 05:33:56 pm »
Hello guys, does anyone know the repository of ubuntu to install lazarus 1.0 through apt-get install?
Win10, Ubuntu and Mac
Lazarus: 2.1.0
FPC: 3.3.1

miquelmatas

• Beginner forever.
Re: Ubuntu repository for lazarus 1.0?!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 06:49:29 pm »
or some other distro have already released it?
--
Cheers.
Miquel.

gulyone

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 08:01:46 pm »
1) uninstall old lazarus version from ubuntu
2) use ubuntu-tweak to clean caches and old useless packages (optional)
3) go to sourceforce downloads page by clicking downloads on top left menu this actual forum
4) search for "debian packages" of lazarus , download the 3 packages (fpc sources, fpc compiler, lazarus)

5) under ubuntu open ur download folder with nautilus, doubleclick on each of the 3 received files , in that order 1> sources 2>compiler 3>lazarus , and install them one by one

6) ENJOY !

gulyone's installation :=>  lazarus 1.0 on windows 7 64bits(32bits lazarus because 64bits is buggy) , and inside Oracle VirtualBoxes , all lazarus same version for FreeBSD, Ubuntu, Red Hat, both 32 and 64 bits ; MySQL 5.0 on Solaris 11 in another virtualbox

= 6-7 PC emulated on my PC I5 running at the same time, 5-6 clouds in my sky

http://www.oracle.com/us/products/servers-storage/solaris/overview/index.html
https://www.virtualbox.org/

VirtualBoxes are simply AWESOME for deep testing purpose !!! FREE !

Shields to your Hardware hehehe
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/vm/overview/index.html
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 08:14:22 pm by gulyone »

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me

gulyone

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 06:14:06 am »
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_release_version_for_Ubuntu

this tuto did not work for me, and anyway the given ppa doesn't seem to contain version 1.0. yet

my above method works fine
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:21:44 am by gulyone »

codifies

• bedroomcoders
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 08:31:09 am »
i noticed I had to download the previous releases version of the mysql client library to work with the mysql connector...

http://packages.ubuntu.com/da/oneiric/amd64/libmysqlclient16/download
Lazarus 2.3.0 r3945f73 FPC 3.2.0 x86_64-linux-gtk2

TurboRascal

• "Good sysadmin. Bad programmer."™
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 10:37:41 pm »
@gulyone: that's not a PPA, but simply an APT repository. Strangely though, it doesn't have 1.0 indeed.

OTOH, I don't install Lazarus using APT any more, since I had problems with missing files in later 0.9.x versions; I compile from source ever since. I wonder if those problems are fixed now...
Regards, ArNy the Turbo Rascal
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

gulyone

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 01:28:37 pm »
oh i forgot =

when using my install method , all works fine for common use (just compile extra simple programs) but if you plan to recompile IDE with different compile options, add packages etc , then there are errors (files access permission)

to fix that , its simple = use chmod +w+r or chown if u are the only user on ur ubuntu distro

regards
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:38:14 pm by gulyone »

TurboRascal

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 09:27:55 am »
@gulyone: although it does work when you give everyone right to do everything to a systemwide directory, it is generally considered a bad security practice. Although you may be an only user on that machine and you don't expect an attack from the Internet, I'd advise you to try a more security conscious approach - who knows where you may need to install or use Lazarus in the future. I've slapped together a short howto post to get one started, so you may take a look: http://lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,14960.msg79815.html#msg79815
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

gulyone

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 03:25:30 pm »
@gulyone: although it does work when you give everyone right to do everything to a systemwide directory, it is generally considered a bad security practice. Although you may be an only user on that machine and you don't expect an attack from the Internet, I'd advise you to try a more security conscious approach - who knows where you may need to install or use Lazarus in the future. I've slapped together a short howto post to get one started, so you may take a look: http://lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,14960.msg79815.html#msg79815

do I know you ? do I need you ?

No

I gently answered to a general question to help many ppl , and twice u tried to turn it into a personal thing @@@turborascal

Here the question is "is there any Ubuntu repo for laz 1.0 to be installed" , that means to me -as there is no repo , YET- , how to intsall laz nicely and quickly on the Ubuntu distro, particulary.

Thats the approach my method , my method installs quick and ready to use laz , i did never pretend my method to enforce your security system in a better way than central bank of usa . There are other forums , a lot of linux forums , for these stuffs.

Please keep in mind that :
1) installing a software is a starting point, not a goal !! (arnt u a geeko ? lol)
2) people installing are from diff skill levels
3) the faster you have the soft installed , the better peeps trying it are gona advice their friends and promote it

want laz to die ? make it harder

SO ! I answered the subject my way, to help many peeps , I expect your way around the subject (sumthing constructive if possible LOL) , instead of pulling out of it ... TY

P.S. : in case of you want to pick on me @@@@@@turborascal, send pm. READY !  :-*
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:14:21 pm by gulyone »

codifies

• bedroomcoders
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 08:32:07 pm »
ok ppl lets not take things personal...

at the end of the day regardless whether your installation is single user or not changing file permissions in any directory not within your home directory is by definition not the best of practice.

Pointing this well established fact out is not a personal attack.

Yes your method *does* work, is there potential to cause more problems than it solves ? - almost certainly - but that's still not a personal attack.

The problem with forums - you're missing LOTS of communication cues - you could take the content of this message at least two if not three different ways - now tell me how did I intend it....
Lazarus 2.3.0 r3945f73 FPC 3.2.0 x86_64-linux-gtk2

TurboRascal

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 09:24:36 pm »
do I know you ? do I need you ?

I think all this was completely uncalled for; not only that I didn't try to insult or belittle you in any way... or get personal with you in any way, I simply offered an advice in the same tone I would do any good friend. And to anyone else who is NOT my friend, I'd also give the same advice (in the same polite and non-personal tone), but would charge them hefty money as an IT consultant.

P.S. : in case of you want to pick on me @@@@@@turborascal, send pm. READY !  :-*

No, I most certainly won't PM you about this, in fact I don't think I want to discuss anything with you, ever.
-

gulyone

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 11:28:00 pm »
No, I most certainly won't PM you about this, in fact I don't think I want to discuss anything with you, ever.

indeed , you would have need at least a level to do that :)

TY again

gulyone

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 11:40:27 pm »
ok ppl lets not take things personal...

at the end of the day regardless whether your installation is single user or not changing file permissions in any directory not within your home directory is by definition not the best of practice.

Pointing this well established fact out is not a personal attack.

Yes your method *does* work, is there potential to cause more problems than it solves ? - almost certainly - but that's still not a personal attack.

The problem with forums - you're missing LOTS of communication cues - you could take the content of this message at least two if not three different ways - now tell me how did I intend it....

OK THAT IS NOT THE SUBJECT HERE BUT LETS TALK ABOUT SECURITY

supppose I unpack the laz 1.0. into the given directories ruled by the package and then as applications inside the package should buid something , an IDE i guess , inside these directories OK ? right ?

if the builders of these applications didnt give the rights to these applications to write/read/create the directories , because of multiplatform dependances , I Will then create account/group/virtual users whatever , to do the job , even use my account AND I WONT FEEL GUILTY LOOOL , I am used to ! as millions of users, professional or not , around the world.

now tell me what the difference for an hypothetical "net attack" between a virtual user to crack or my account ? and I bet you are gona make me laugh for at least a week

C'MON CLEARLY , the subject is not security here, I suggest you to start another subject,  or a poll , even go to another forum dedicated to security while installing tetrix, or by default : play chess

for now , I am going to simply ignore your Troll mode !
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:58:14 pm by gulyone »

prof7bit

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 03:44:50 pm »
Ok, everybody relax. I'm currently in the process of setting up automatic daily builds of fpc-2.6.x (fixes) and lazarus-1.0.x (fixes) on Launchpad.

Expect soon to exist PPAs for:
* fpc-2.6.0 for Precise on i386, amd64 (need that for bootstrapping on Precise)
* fpc-2.6.x daily for Precise, Quantal on i386, amd64
* lazarus-1.0.x daily for Precise, Quantal on i386, amd64

I will announce exact repository urls soon
stay tuned...

TinyPortal © 2005-2018