Recent

Author Topic: Kzdesktop: docking solution for Lazarus  (Read 25236 times)

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
Kzdesktop: docking solution for Lazarus
« on: August 25, 2012, 01:39:33 pm »
Hi all,

Just to make it easier for people looking for information on KzDesktop that Raphaelz wrote.

KzDesktop is a Lazarus package that changes the layout from the multi window layout to a single window layout.

See this thread:
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,16736.msg96146.html#msg96146
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

ezlage

Re: Kzdesktop: docking solution for Lazarus
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 04:18:31 pm »
Yeah.
I use and recommend kzdesktop.

Just one window with all tipical Lazarus windows.
I think this is much better than current Lazarus interface. Because of many windows to put in position, to alternate, etc.

kzdesktop should be adopted by Lazarus, but with option to use the older layout, of course.

I use three monitors to develop, and some times, kzdesktop doesn't move tabs to another window correctly.

Someday it will work perfectly.

Sorry by my poor english.

ezlage

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 04:20:03 pm »
Follow kzdesktop SVN link:

svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/kzdesktop/code/trunk

a.atalla

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 05:08:51 pm »
A beta version was released

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kzdesktop/files/KZDesktop_Beta/

This version still have issues in ubuntu linux :(
Lazarus 1.0.8 | FPC 2.6.2 x64  | Arch Linux x64 | Windows 7-x86

dkjMusic

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 10:03:48 pm »
A beta version was released

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kzdesktop/files/KZDesktop_Beta/

This version still have issues in ubuntu linux :(
I have issues with it in Win7, Lazarus 1.1 via CodeTyphon 2.8 (w/o glassdocking). I get an access violation when Lazarus starts IF I have the kzdesktop package installed.

Any one else? Any one know how to fix? For now I revert back to the default packages, but I really like kzdesktop and would use it if I could.
Windows 7 Ultimate/32 bit;
Lazarus 0.9.31/Rev 33300;
FPC 2.7.1/Rev 19464;
GDB 7.0.50;
(via CodeTyphon 2.30)

Kryvich

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 10:45:34 pm »
I have issues with it in Win7, Lazarus 1.1 via CodeTyphon 2.8 (w/o glassdocking). I get an access violation when Lazarus starts IF I have the kzdesktop package installed.

I've installed kzdesktop_beta01 in WinXP, Lazarus 1.1, FPC 2.7.1.

It works for me. But when I try switch to/from Lazarus using Alt-Tab, there is no Lazarus IDE in the list of opened windows. And I need click several times on the Lazarus IDE button in the task bar to actually activate the IDE.

jixian.yang

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 03:26:01 am »

Any one else? Any one know how to fix? For now I revert back to the default packages, but I really like kzdesktop and would use it if I could.

No problem with lazarus svn and I think lazarus snapshot should be fine too.

jixian.yang

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 03:28:33 am »
I've installed kzdesktop_beta01 in WinXP, Lazarus 1.1, FPC 2.7.1.

It works for me. But when I try switch to/from Lazarus using Alt-Tab, there is no Lazarus IDE in the list of opened windows. And I need click several times on the Lazarus IDE button in the task bar to actually activate the IDE.

Alt-Tab works fine with Application.MainFormOnTaskBar=True.

jixian.yang

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 03:42:01 am »
KZDesktop is so excellent that it is recommended for everyday use.

I have a little modification on it. But no email address was found in the source code and license.
Who can add my account to svn?

DirkS

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 08:34:58 am »
It is hosted as a separate project on sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/kzdesktop/).
You'll find the necessary info there.

Gr.
Dirk

eric

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 05:18:30 pm »
A very nice utility, but one small niggle: if the Source Editor tab is selected when you hit the green button to test your program, the program window disappears as soon as the mouse cursor moves out of its area. This doesn't happen if the Design Editor tab is selected.

JanRoza

• http://www.silentwings.nl
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 06:14:34 pm »
A very nice component.
One thing that is not to my liking is that when you have more than one unit opened in the source editor switching from source to form design is not always showing the correct form.
Say you are editing the source of unit A and you switch to the form design tab kzdesktop shows the correct form. Now switch back to the source and click on the tab of the second opened unit (B) and again select the form design tab you will still see the form of unit A and not the form of unit B.
Of course you can select the correct form via the View Forms menu but it's annoying behavior.
I tested this with Lazarus 1.1 / FPC 2.6.1 (build 20120816) on a Windows 7 (32-bit) platform.
But still I like kzdesktop a lot, keep up the good work!

Jan
       Lazarus 3.2 FPC 3.2.2
       CodeTyphon 8.40 FPC 3.3.1

pascaldeveloper

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 03:09:07 am »
hi jixian.yang

I would like your modification to kzdesktop.
can you send it to me?

If you can I'll give you my email address :)

Thank you!

99Percent

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 08:11:11 am »
Does not work well with Linux Mint (Debian) x64 Mate Lazalus 1.0.8

1. Access violation on lazarus start.
2. Switching between design and source editing does not work well wtih multiple forms. The form design doesnt get updated.

Fortunately I was able to return to the original desktop ide with no problems.

lazyfiend

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 03:51:33 am »
Is this still in development? The latest source shows some hidden stuff about integration to android or something.

There are quite many bugs for linux in the latest in svn, i fixed most of them, but i edited it too much i don't think i can upload some fixes (plus i know nothing about how to actually upload it):

-Crashes when closing the source corresponding to the active form editor. Fixed by adding except to the part where exception is thrown.
-Editing form location (via lower right square) minimizes the view of the form. (i.e. putting the form in lower right makes the form vanish). fixed by setting KZ_DESKTOP_REMOVE_FORM_BORDER (or something like that) to false.
-The Title bar disappears when the form is moved (via the upper right square). Fixed by replacing an instance of LoadedForm with FFakeWindow (i forgot where).
-The two squares to the right is not pinned to the rightmost location (It could easily obstruct the view of the form). Fixed by dynamically setting the location.
-Not compatible with the new component dropdown (the blue arrow) in lazarus 1.1. Fixed by moving it to the new component pane location.
-Autocomplete does not work in source editor. This is the deal breaker for me (i do not know how to fix it) so i stripped down kzdesktop (only form part remains) as a separate window and edited Anchor Docking to ignore kzdestop so that it works with it.

If somebody can fix the autocomplete part. That would be great.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 03:54:17 am by lazyfiend »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018